November 20, 2013

Le portfolio de Kyle Thompson

It's been a long time since I've done "le portfolio de...". But I just hadn't found any photographer that I wanted to share here. That was until today when I found Kyle Thompson. 
Kyle Thompson is a 21 year old photographer from Chicago. As he claims in his blog, right now he is living in his car while traveling through us/canada. A few years back he was a shy boy from the suburbs of Chicago who went to college and had a job as pizza delivery boy. When he was 19 years old, he dropped out of college to follow his dream. Not a full year later Kyle became a recognized and desired young photographer with a distinct style.
Using himself as the main character in almost all of the shots, for a good shot Kyle’s willing to soak in freezing mud or set his clothes on fire.
 He creates fantastic alternative realities full of signs, symbols and deeper meanings. As he says, he feels more like a writer manifesting his thoughts and moods through visual art than a photographer. By looking at Thompson’s photography, you can feel yourself being dragged into his quiet dreamy solitude.*
I especially like his work because of the bizzarness and the beuty that lies in that weirdness. In my opinion he is extremely talented and all of his pictures look really good quality.
 Enjoy, Kamile

3 comments:

  1. Vau, žiauriai įdomios nuotraukos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't even pick out my favourite one, because they're all stunning!

    ReplyDelete