August 22, 2013

How to prepare: Avocado salad with shrimp


 This salad is so so awesome! I love it so much that I can never get enough of it. And best part is that it's really healthy for you. Lately I found a new hobby - counting calories in every food I eat. So with no exception I've counted them here. Here's the recipe!
  • 1 full avocado (322kcal)
  • 1 red tomato (22kcal)
  • 1 small cucumber (9kcal)
  • about 40g (or 1,41 ounces) of canned shrimp (~128kcal)
  • a tablespoon of light mayonnaise (50kcal)
So that makes a total of 531 kcal. In my opinion that's the number of calories a normal meal should have. And the best part is that this serves for two. That means that one person gets only 265 kcal. Or in my case I get all 531, cause I love it so much that I eat the whole thing by myself.
Here's what you'll need to do:
  • Cut the avocado in half and take out the nucleus. Make sure that your avocado is ripe (brownish color).
  • Spoon out all the meat from the avocado and slice it to medium-sized pieces.
  • Boil some water and put your tomato in it and keep it there for about three minutes.
  • Take the tomato out put it in some cold water.
  • In the meantime chop the cucumber in small pieces.
  • Take the tomato out, peel of it's skin and finally chop it in medium pieces.
  • Mix everything, including the shrimp, and then add the mayo and mix it again.
ENJOY!


No comments:

Post a Comment