January 10, 2013

To my dear friend



Today is my best friend's 17th birthday. Even though I'm 2 years older than she is (and it could seem like a lot when you're as young as we are) we still remain best friends. I have known her since childhood: we were born in the same house, our mothers were close friends and of course we played together since our smallest days in the garden behind our house. I still remember how every autumn we bathed in enormous piles of leaves. Every winter we built forts from snow and played the king of the mountain. When the spring came we always would bring all of our jump-ropes, roller skates, scooters, crayons and all the other toys and just play outside. We never stopped climbing trees, our favourite game was to pretend that we're animals like tigers or wolves and just run around the yard on all fours growling or howling. And at summer our parents used to take us to the lake almost every evening after work and we swam until our fingers were wrinkled like my grandma's and then our parents called us to the waterside to get something to eat and we could not be any happier, cause we were hungry as the wolves we pretended to be. We could not give each other a better childhood.
Of course it never was as perfect as it sounds, we used to fight a lot and we still do. But it makes us even better friends. The fact that we accept each other with our flaws and stubborn characters makes us closer. Those fights don't even matter, because it's natural that if you spend so much time with someone, you are bound to get a little anoyed and we are so used to these little fights that after two seconds we forget them and talk without worries. I know that if I need I can always count on her. And she knows the same about me. We can be after our biggest fight and not talking to each other for weeks, but if one of us needs help, doesn't matter if it is small like borrowing a cup of sugar for a pie that you're baking for your classmate's birthday or big as being a shoulder to cry on after your heart was just broken, the other one is there to be the friend in need.
And we never were as close as we are now. Of course we never fought as much as we do now also, but I still can't imagine my life without her. We do so much stupid stuff together and then we laugh our hearts out. One has what the other lacks. And as different as we are, we are in a strange way the same. We can understand each other without words and always say what the other one needs to hear, even when it's hard to hear it at the time. 

And that's why I love you, Egle, because as bad as a friend can be, you are still the perfect friend for me.
Happy birthday!
It's another small video that I made. This one is dedicated to our friendship

No comments:

Post a Comment